Sunday, February 13, 2011

CONFUSED BY THE CON, PARK & WRECK, AND SLIGHT OF HAND(S)

Hi Everyone, 

Today I went on the website and thought I should check on the minutes.  Up pops a referendum in regards to an extension on the restaurant bid.  Sad to say that this was posted Monday the 7th.  This means that Park and Rec were well aware of this and withheld information.  Or maybe they just felt we didn't need to know, just like it seems most of this have been going.  The gentleman who also sent out that email under falsesaltyydog@yahoo.com , and claimed our town beach is a dump, lets do something about it and never signed off on his email, is actually someone who volunteers on Park and Rec and is on the committee.  We now know that Park and Rec is for this restaurant which makes it just a little harder for us to shoot it down. My husband dropped by today once we found out about the bid and approached Hodge and a few people on the Park and Rec committee.  They actually stated that they never said that the planned restaurant proposal was dismissed for now.  Something is going on here and I am not quite able to bring this puzzle together.  Steve Merullo my husband spoke with also,  and said that Brunos was a prospect for this, so why then were no bid offers sent in today. Hopefully this won't go to a vote and waste  $5 grand to set voting machines up.  If this goes in the works we have to vote this down.  
Having 4 kids myself things can get crazy in my household.  I would extremely appreciate it if anyone hears any information going around or something I missed in the papers to please let me know.  
My husband and I have researched the minutes to try and obtain information.  Apparently the boat slips bring in $161,000 each year and this money apparently goes towards fields.  For what?  I know NF Baseball maintains all of their fields.  NF Soccer is out their drawing in their lines on Saturday mornings, fixing curtain drains themselves, so if anyone knows what exactly we have done on the fields other then mowing and maintenance, please let me know. I can't understand why some of that money can't go towards fixing up some issues at our beach.  We are apparently 10,000 in the hole as  Mr. Hodge claims and the Citizen News stated in the article last week (front page).  Linda Lull and several others claim this is inaccurate but are not willing to tell us numbers.  I am very confused about how things are run in this town .  If you have any information please pass it one to me.
For the people who were at the meeting last Monday night, when they claimed that this was an idea just to see if we get any takers and knew nothing about the cost of the plans, well on the parks and rec meeting on January 10,2011 they brought up in the minutes stated that "THE RENOVATIONS WILL COST BETWEEN $50-200K AND THERE ARE INTERESTED PARTIES.  SEED MONEY IS NEEDED (APPROX $1200-$3600 DEPENDING ON AREA MAPPED OUT IN PLAN)TO HAVE SITE PLANS DRAWN UP.
MEETING ON WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2010 THE COMMISSION DISCUSSED PURCHASING JET SKI FLOATS AND CHARGING APPROXIMATELY $750. TO RENT SLIPS.  PARK AND REC WOULD USE THE DOCK FUND TO PAY FOR THESE.  THE COMMISSION REVIEWED BEACH HOUSE PLANS AND PUT TOGETHER A LIST OF ISSUES.  
Funny how we can utilize DOCK FUND PAY for other things.  Where will these slips go and where is this list of issues.  Nobody seems to know about this list.  
This is all accurate info taken straight off the minutes at Town Hall.  

Thanks to several people catching the bid in the Citizen News and informing me.  This is going to be thought out very carefully in regards to initiating this proposal again.  They will pick the most inopportune time, so watch out carefully.  I was told by numerous people not to trust Mr. Hodge and now I can see why sad to say. 


Sincerely,

THIS WAS AN E-MAIL, BUT THE NAME HAS BEEN WITHHELD ... TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT AND HER FAMILY AND CHILDREN