Monday, February 2, 2009

Mr. Marty Andrews gets the cold shoulder

My litmus test isn't a person's party affiliation, it's the person's ideas.  If they don't think the way I do, then I have no use for them.  I surround myself with "YES" men and women, that way I'm sure I will get my way.  John Hodge's denial of a citizen volunteering for a position on a board was proof positive of his unwillingness to accept competing and contrary opinions.  Mr. Andrews exhibits that New England character that has shaped and defined New England since the Piligrams landed.  An out spoken individual is a breath of fresh air which helps to establish some boundaries on issues.  Point - counter point ... figure ground relationships ... its the stone upon which we sharpen our focus and advance mutual interest and issues while establishing policies that are thought out.  Mr. Hodge's personal opinion permeates his administration and his summary denial of Mr. Andrews volunteering clearly defines his style of management.  Mr. Hodge you only won re-election by just a hair over 100 votes,  don't forget you represent ALL THE PEOPLE OF NEW FAIRFIELD ... not just yourself.